We need all Warrior’s to write letters on this. This is very important.
Rick Perry needs to be accountable for what he has done. Please take the
time to do this.
The letter below, will be sent to your Congressman. Please fill this out and send it back Independent Texans. We will make sure your Congressman receives it. Thanks for doing the right thing for Texas!
– Independent Texans (www.IndyTexans.org),
PO Box 14294, Austin, TX
(Add comments at the bottom). You can email this letter to: email@example.com.
Dear Congressman _______________________:
I ask for your assistance in calling for a Congressional investigation regarding the actions of Gov. Rick Perry and the Texas Transportation Commission to push for the Trans-Texas Corridor in the face of massive opposition from ordinary Texans.
I believe the following points deserve further inquiry:
1. The Governor’s claim that Texans voted for the Trans-Texas Corridor, when it was never placed on the ballot.
2. A deceptive lobbying effort leading to the passage of a transportation omnibus bill (HB 3588) in 2003, implementing the Corridor.
3. Shifting billions in highway dollars to intimidate county and state officials who have questioned these projects.
4. An illegal lobbying by TxDOT of the federal government to allow federal highways to be converted to toll roads.
5. The misuse of public funds for the purpose of “selling” these projects to a public.
6. The withholding of public documents — specifically, a signed contract with CINTRA, a Spanish-based toll road consortium, which appears to have favored status to build the Corridor.
7. CINTRA lobbyist, Dan Shelley’s, employment with the Governor’s office.
8. Interference by the Federal Highway Administration appointees with ties to CINTRA.
9. The refusal of officials to state the key purpose of the TTC – that it is primarily a trade route to move more imports (primarily Chinese) from Mexican ports in to the US.
10. The refusal to address the very real threat of this project to homeland security and the sovereignty of the United States.
Further, the Governor has chosen to ignore his own Business Council and nationally recognized transportation experts who suggest that, if Texas needs additional funds for roads, they should simply index the gas tax, consider a modest gas tax increase and to stop allowing these funds to be used for non-transportation related matters.
Last, Texans, of all political persuasions, believe that in order to justify the largest taking of private property in the history of the US that this project demands, Texans should have the right to vote on it. We have been afforded no such thing. Will you join our call for a Congressional investigation to help guarantee protections for the rights of the people of Texas? We need your action now. I await your response.
Address (include City and Zip)